I set myself a simple goal of reading 12 books last year. I ended up reading 19. Nineteen real chapter books – not just picture books or early readers with my daughter. My total would have been a LOT higher if I tracked all of those. All in all, I found a few that I really enjoyed. Here are my 10 favorite books of 2019 in no particular order:
- Where the Crawdads Sing – recommended in so many places, I was fearful it wouldn’t live up to the hype. The story was so good, I struggled to put the book down.
- The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street – my son snatched this one from me first. The series became a favorite for us both.
- Born Just Right – written by a blogging friend and her daughter, this one was extra special and one of the few I acutally purchased a copy to keep.
- Sing, Unburied, Sing – this book was a hard start, but by the second chapter I didn’t want to stop reading.
- My Oxford Year – the story caught me and mixed with memories of my own visit to this beautiful city in 2013.
- Becoming – Michelle Obama’s autobiography. I loved this peek into her life from childhood through the White House.
- You Don’t Own Me – 6th in the series, I accidentally read this book first and devoured it in 2 days!
- The Melody Lingers On – the mystery kept me turning page after page to find out the truth.
- 100 Days of Bible Promises – I’m still enjoying this creative journal / Bible study into the new year.
- Moon North Carolina – techincally I haven’t finished reading this one yet, but, seeing as our photo is included, that automatically makes it a favorite, right?
What were your favorite books of 2019?