Another month and many more adventures & milestones …
* Attended the Hillsborough Hog Day festival:
* Has 3 teeth and is working hard on the 4th (right lateral incisor).
* Got soaked at a sprayground (a first for both him and me!).
* Visited City Park in Burlington, NC, where he rode a train and carousel:
* Began clapping hands together (palms together – no longer patty cake style) and blowing kisses.
* Celebrated his first 4th of July and last “first” holiday.
* Had a number of new food experiences including pickles, a few bites of a Krispy Kreme donut and trying frozen custard (all winners):
* Learning to indicate his wants with gestures and signs.
* Showed frustration for the first time when he struggled with the levers and buttons on a toy.
* Toddling. He officially began walking just a couple of steps on his own. 6-8 tops before going down and giving himself a round of applause. So stinkin’ cute.
* Celebrated his birthday with family and had his first taste of cake which he loved.
* Finally, (yes, I’m a mean mommy) Dylan had his 12 month check-up (including shots – ouch!) yesterday morning – his birthday. He now weighs 19 pounds 6 ounces and is 30-3/4 inches long.