This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToClean #CollectiveBias
Back to school germs are a real thing. We know first hand. Having year round school, my son started first grade on July 7th. Just a week and a half in (and he’d only been out of school for a week between school years!), and one by one we all came down with something he brought home.
Thankfully, both my regular shopping list and his school supply list had an item in common – Clorox Wipes. With the power to kill 99.9% of germs including viruses that cause colds and flu, I knew these wipes would be instrumental in fighting back and getting rid of the germs both in our home and in the classroom.
Target is well stocked with plenty of packages and sizes to choose from to meet all our needs. I was able to grab a 3 pack to send to school to fulfill his teacher’s request for 2 canisters and send the extra to his art teacher.
At home, I use Clorox Wipes to help clean and disinfect almost every room in the house. They work great in the kitchen to quickly & effectively clean my daughter’s high chair tray and just as easily clean up after dinner spills & messes on the counters and ceramic stove top.
In the bathroom, Clorox Wipes are my number one cleaning tool. They work great for cleaning the sink, faucet, and especially the toilet lid and handle (just think of all the germs that gets! Eww!). With a unique clear-drying formula, Clorox Wipes even work well on bathroom mirrors.
Besides trying to keep our home clean & germ free, we’re working with our son to help him learn habits to keep himself healthy and reduce his risk of germs by using these simple 5 tips:
- taking off our shoes when we enter the house to literally stop germs in their tracks. Just think of all the icky places you’ve walked through in your shoes. This simple task protects us all but especially his little sister who is crawling all over the place now … that is if we put them away properly and make sure she doesn’t get into them!
- sneezing and/or coughing into our elbows (or a tissue/napkin if handy) to prevent spreading germs to each other;
- washing hands thoroughly (sing the ABC’s to be sure you wash long enough) with hot, soapy water after using the restroom and as soon as he comes home from school. The school, bus, after school program, etc – no telling what he (or other kids) have been into and touched. I’ve been extra stringent on this one during the last year as he wants to run and hug his baby sister immediately;
- wiping down door knobs and faucets with Clorox Wipes. Those are the first things we touch coming into the house as we literally open the doors & then wash our hands off, so they are the first to get germy and Clorox Wipes are easy enough to use even our son can do this;
- getting to bed on time and getting enough rest to help our bodies stay strong to fight off germs.
How do you keep the germs at bay during the school year and get #BackToClean?
Connect with Clorox: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | YouTube