Aimeslee tagged me in January to list 6 baby names that made our semi-finalist list. It was impossible for me to even start a list at the time because Trent & I had decided to wait until we knew the baby’s gender before discussing ideas. Now that we’ve had some time to think about it, I’ll share a few of the names that have come up in our discussions and reasons why they haven’t made the list…
- Gavin – I actually suggested this name and still like it, but I can’t pronounce it! LOL Trent laughed every time I tried to say it.
- Clark – too much of a tongue twister with our last name that begins with “C.” Seriously, I stumbled over it the first time out of my mouth. One of those “say this 5 times fast” sort of things.
- Braeden – Trent’s first response was “like braidin’ hair?” And off the list it went.
- Russell – as a teenager I babysat for a little boy with this name and his 2 brothers – all were quite the handful. I haven’t seen them in years, but those images stick with me so this was an instant no.
- Henry – liked this one until I remembered it’s the name of a coworker’s dog. An association (even though unintended) that I don’t want. Strike it.
- Trent suggested Frank Ulysses as a joke. Nothing wrong with either name, but combine them with a last name that starts with “C”? Enough said. 😉
Wondering what name we have chosen? So far we can’t agree on one! But, even if we had, my lips would be sealed. When we agreed to find out the baby’s gender before birth (I initially wanted to wait, but finally sided with Trent on finding out early), we also agreed that we would keep the name a secret until the little fellow makes his appearance.