A few highlights of Dylan’s 9th month…
* Added more new foods to the menu including prunes, cantaloupe, rice, millet, kiwi, butternut squash, etc. Definitely prefers self-feeding and has switched to using his right hand.
* Can pull himself to standing very easily. “Cruises” while holding onto furniture. Has learned how to squat to sit back down:
* More chatty. Frequent sayings are “ma ma ma ma” and “ba ba ba ba.” He’ll occasionally throw a “da da da da” in – that used to be his most common phrase and I’d hear it typically while he was chatting to himself during car rides together.
* Started going to nursery during church service.
* Met 5 of his buddies at the mall for a photo with the Easter Bunny. Then all 6 babies & mommies enjoyed lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Dylan & his buddies were each presented with their own little plates of bread & banana slices – so cute!
* Celebrated his first Easter.
* Has become a pro at using his sippy cup for water. Now if we could just figure out how to get him to stop tossing it across the room when he’s done. Take a sip and *wham* it hits the floor. LOL
Enjoying a sip of water while at a friend’s birthday party:
* Finally sleeping through the night (well, from 7pm to 4 or 5am and then back down until 7am after a diaper change & feeding). Around his 8 month birthday, it looked like I might be heading back to full time work in May (not now, but that’s another story) and I knew we couldn’t continue getting up multiple times a night. I had procrastinated long enough. I literally just woke up one morning and said, “we’re starting sleep training tonight.” It took 2 rough nights and then we pretty much rounded the corner. We knocked out the 11pm and 2am wakings.
* Loves books. Will grab and look at them on his own:
* Wears clothes ranging in sizes from 9 months to 18-24 months depending on the brand & style.
* Enjoys swinging at the park:
* His eyes were navy blue at birth. Dark brown around 4 months. And now are hazel.
Dylan’s 9 month well baby check is coming up on Thursday. It will be interesting to see how much he has grown since his 6 month appointment.
** ETA: Dylan’s 9 month checkup went very well. He’s grown to 29 inches and 18 pounds 9.5 ounces.
Thanks for your nice thoughts on my blog. Has your mom checked out Ravelry.com for knitting? It is like twopeas for knitting! Inspiration, patterns and ideas...