This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Movie nights are an at home affair these days and typically include homemade pizza and/or popcorn. Sometimes though, I like to do something different. With the upcoming release of the Minions movie from Illumination Entertainment on DVD, I decided to play around in the kitchen a little and give one of our standard dinner recipes a “minion” twist.
I surprised my family with Baked Spaghetti served with “Minion” French bread! Here’s how …
BAKED SPAGHETTI – Ingredients
1/2lb ground beef
25oz pasta sauce
2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Servings Makes approximately 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Boil spaghetti noodles per directions on packaging.
- While noodles are boiling, brown ground beef on stove top until fully cooked. Drain.
- Pour pasta sauce over ground beef. Add seasoning. Stir and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles and pour into greased 9×9 glass dish.
- Add sauce mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over entire dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top has melted.
- Serve and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
While the spaghetti is baking, create the fun “Minion” French bread …
“Minion” French Bread – Ingredients
loaf of French Bread
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Servings varies per slices cut
- Slice the French bread into approximately 3/4″ pieces and lay onto baking sheet.
- Sketch “minion” googles and smiles onto aluminum foil. Cut out using scissors.
- Lay foil googles and smiles onto the individual slices of French bread.
- Set oven to broil – be sure your spaghetti is done and out of oven first!
- Broil the bread for 1-2 minutes (peek to check – you can always broil longer if needed).
- Remove from oven. Carefully remove foil and serve with the Baked Spaghetti.
I found all the ingredients I didn’t already have on hand for this meal in the grocery section at Target during my weekly shopping trip. The spaghetti and mozzarella were where I expected (pasta and cold food aisles, respectively), but the parmesan cheese was “hiding” with the pizza ingredients.
Pre-order your copy of the Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. from Target.com to get the exclusive Minions Metalpak Blu-ray/DVD – Deluxe and 40 minutes of bonus content plus a $5 giftcard. You can pick your movie up in store when it’s released 12/8/15 and get all the ingredients for your own family movie night – simple one stop shopping.
Who is your favorite minion?
For more Minions Fun, join the Minions Viewing Twitter Party on December 11th from 7-9pm EST! RSVP at www.SoFabChats.com and follow along with the #MinionsMovieNight on Twitter.