One of our holiday traditions is baking Christmas cookies. Years ago, it was more of a solo thing I did for gifts for friends & family as well as the occasional cookie exchange. The past few years, my son has joined me and we’ve had a grand time making them together.
This year we started our baking early with plans to Spread Cheer to family & friends by sharing some of the treats we had baked. We made our first batch last week using Peanut Butter cookie mix from Betty Crocker to make Rudolph Reindeer Cookies!
We started with one package of the mix and followed the directions on the back.
After combining the ingredients, we poured our mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap and rolled it tightly to form a cylinder shape. Then placed it in the freezer for about an hour to firm it up.
I cut slices from the roll (about 1/4″ thick each) and placed them on a cookie sheet. Then showed Dylan how to pinch in on the side to form the “head” shape and add the mini pretzels, morsels, and cinnamon candies to decorate. He took it from there finishing the batch.
After the cookies cooled, we packed them carefully into small reusable containers. We used the free gift tags from Betty Crocker and gold curling ribbon to add a little festive fun to the packages.
Then came the real fun – we took our Christmas cookies and made deliveries! Dylan had a great time being sneaky and leaving our surprise.
Linking up with Mommy & Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Ready to Spread Cheer to your friends & family?
- Visit Betty Crocker’s Spread Cheer site for a coupon and to download the free printable gift tags + Spread Cheer sheets
- Buy Betty Crocker cookie mix at your grocery store. There are 3 different varieties – sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate chip.
- Don’t forget to pick up decorating supplies! If you make Rudolph Reindeer Cookies like we did, make sure to get some mini pretzels, chocolate morsels, and cinnamon candies.
- Have fun making & decorating cookies with your family!
- Pack up the cookies in fun holiday bags, containers, etc. Add the gift tags.
- Make Spread Cheer deliveries to family, friends, and neighbors. Be sure to share photos on social media using the hashtag #SpreadCheer to help encourage the fun!
Then enter our giveaway below to win $20 via PayPal. Be sure to take a photo and post to social media using the #SpreadCheer hashtag AND nominate 2 friends to join in the fun. Add your link in the required spot in the Rafflecopter form below. All entries will be verified. Good luck!