All work and no play isn’t any fun. We had already planned to spend this weekend at the beach before the bathroom fiasco. Since we managed to make so much progress, we packed our bags and headed south to spend the weekend playing just has hard as we had worked.
Saturday we went to the new Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, SC, to do just that. 🙂
Not sure if it’s the economy or lack of awareness of the park (several people we mentioned it to before the trip said, “Where?”) – but the park was nearly empty which was great for us. Lines for rides were short and good show seats were easy to grab five minutes before starting time.
We rode this coaster (Led Zeppelin – The Ride) twice. Both times I let out blood curling screams for the entire ride. There are cameras in front of every seat so you can purchase a video after the ride. We probably should have – my terrified expressions were hilarious. 🙂
Other rides we enjoyed were:
- Nights in White Satin – The Trip – dark ride with neon lights and 3-d glasses to it’s namesake tune;
- Slippery When Wet – hanging coaster where guests below can shoot you with water guns;
- Shake Rattle ‘n’ Rollercoaster – smallest of the coasters, but still fun;
- Eagles – Life in the Fast Lane – the longest coaster in the park;
- and London Cab Ride – ok so I should say “Trent enjoyed” this one – it was a bit too much spinning for me…ugh.