It seems as though the last few weeks have flown by. Hard to believe my baby is already a month old. So much has happened in such a short time…
* had his first restaurant trip and his second (with Mom, Grandpa George and Aunt Mary) – both of which he slept through.
* has outgrown his newborn clothes and moved into the 0-3 month sizes – except for socks which he needed the 3-6 month sizes by 2 weeks!
* needed the straps in his carrier moved up a notch.
* lost his umbilical cord stump on day 26 and now has the cutest belly button:
* spends most days in a white t-shirt, diaper and socks – comfy and super easy for diaper changes.
* made visits to both Dad and Mom’s offices.
* loves looking at Mom and Dad and will follow us with his eyes.
* smiles and occasionally has a small giggle.
* makes the funniest faces.
* gets the hiccups at least once a day.
* likes to move his arms and kick his legs around:
* is gaining strength in his neck. He can hold up his head quite well when we carry him around on our shoulder and he loves looking around at everything from that elevated view.
* enjoys listening to classical music.
* took his first “big” trip – a visit to his paternal grandparents’ house in Chapel Hill. He was worn out by the end of it:
* sleeps 3-4 hours at a time overnight and takes at least one 2-3 hour nap each day plus little ‘power’ naps.
* had his one month checkup at the pediatrician’s office today. Dylan weighed in at 10lb 15oz and is 23.5in long – no wonder his newborn clothes won’t fit anymore!