This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewWayToSparkle #CollectiveBias
Motherhood is the most amazing, exhausting adventure. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. But there are days, I confess, where I look forward to naptime. That blissful couple of hours where I can relax and focus on me for a few minutes.
It’s also a time for a little recharge. Rarely does that equal a nap myself – although I could often use one! Instead, I like to occasionally fix myself a fun “naptime mocktail.” Perfect for a little pick me up full of flavor, but without the calories or caffeine.
And, while it looks fancy, it’s super simple & easy thanks to my “secret” ingredient – Raspberry Lemonade flavored Dasani Sparkling Water. I picked up a couple of packages along with fresh limes & raspberries in the grocery section of Target.
Target is offering a special intro price of 3 for $9 through 5/1/16 and a 5% cartwheel offer (expires 5/14/16).
Start by rinsing the fresh fruit. I put a few of the raspberries into the freezer to add to my finished drink later. Muddle approximately 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of honey. Set aside.
Next, slice the ends off the lime and cut in half longways. Score down the middle of one half and cut into slices.
Use one slice to moisten the glass edge and then dip into salt (if desired).
Squeeze other half of the lime over the raspberries & honey to add a little fresh lime juice. Mix to combine. Then strain into the salted glass.
Add about 1/2 cup of crushed ice to glass. Pour Raspberry Lemonade flavored Dasani Sparkling Water to fill glass.
Stir gently. Add frozen raspberries to drink and garnish with a lime wedge.
Find more fun, refreshing drink recipes featuring Dasani Sparkling Water here. Check them out and be sure to add the Cartwheel offer before heading to Target to get your ingredients. Which new Dasani Sparkling Water flavor is your favorite?
Yields 1 serving
Enjoy this refreshing mocktail as an afternoon pick-me-up!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- Dasani Sparkling Water - Raspberry Lemonade flavor
- Fresh Lime and Raspberries (rinsed)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Drink Salt (optional)
- Crushed Ice
- Muddle a 1/4 cup of raspberries in a small bowl. Then add 1tbsp of honey.
- Slice your lime. Start by slicing each end off. Then slice in half. Score one half. Cut slices in the perpendicular direction to the score. Save second half for step 4.
- Take one lime slice and gently run around rim of glass. Dip into salt, if desired.
- Squeeze juice from half of lime into raspberries & honey. Stir to combine. Strain over glass.
- Add crushed ice and pour Dasani Raspberry Lemon Sparkling Water to fill glass.
- Add a couple of frozen fresh raspberries, if desired, and a lime wedge to garnish.
- Stir gently to blend. Enjoy!