We spent the end of last week enjoying Asheville, NC. I won tickets to Biltmore several months ago through a giveaway from Jaime at Love, Jaime. Trent & I had been once before in February 2006. While we had a great adventure and enjoyed the Rooftop Tour then (something we definitely wouldn’t be doing now with kids along), I knew I wanted to plan a visit for warmer weather and to see at least some of the garden in bloom so I planned our trip for the start of our son’s latest school track out.
Supplies: Photo Story templates by Mary Moseley; Count on Me brushes by Deena Rutter; Destination by Robyn Meierotto
It was a whirlwind couple of days with our son getting diagnosed with a double ear infection the night before and us leaving earlier than planned on Wednesday morning as the roofing company arrived to replace our roof! Another check off the “to do” list at the foreclosure house, but back to the trip …
In our short 48 hours we managed to:
- visit Carl Sandburg Home in Flat Rock where we met the 4 newest kids at the goat farm. My son and I added cancellations to our NPS Passport books, and my daughter got her own Passport;
- make a quick urgent care visit for me (not how I planned to start this trip);
- have dinner with my sister-in-law and nieces in Hendersonville;
- spend a day with them at Biltmore Estate touring the house & gardens and enjoying a treat at the Creamery;
- drive part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and visit the Visitor’s Center where we added more cancellations to our Passports and our son got his first set of stamps which made for great entertainment on the trip home;
- vist the Western NC Nature Center where we saw bears, otters, snakes, foxes, sheep, etc;
- have lunch at the drive-thru/walk up only Chick-fil-A.
I completely forgot this existed until we saw it. Yes, I’m sure there were probably other “local” cool spots to eat, but remember, we were traveling with 2 kids and I was feeling more & more under the weather so something quick & easy plus a tad unique was good enough before our long drive home.
In spite of being sick, we had a wonderful trip and I’m so glad we went. Now if I can just get over the rest of this respiratory mess before our next adventure. We have 2-1/2 more weeks of track out to fill and enjoy!
Do you have any special trips planned for this year?
Linking up with Mommy & Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?