I can hardly believe we are just 1 month shy of Dylan’s first birthday. He’s looking less and less like my baby and more like my little boy.
This month Dylan:
* Moved into his new room.
* Explored several parks in our area. Tunnels are still a favorite:
* Began waving goodbye.
* Celebrated Memorial Day weekend with friends at a party:
* Learned to stand without assistance. As soon as he realizes what he is doing, he either reaches out for something to help balance himself or squats to the ground.
* His third tooth (left lateral incisor) began breaking through the gum. Still hasn’t made it’s full appearance though.
* Mastered putting the balls into the holes on his dinosaur toy:
* Started saying “ba” for ball and “duh” for duck (the latter sometimes comes out as “a-duh” which I quickly realized was because I kept saying “there’s a duck” to him. Oops!).
* Met my paternal grandfather, aunt, uncle, cousins during a day trip to Virginia. My cousin’s son, Grant, is just two days younger than Dylan. It was fun to get them together and watch them play:
* Ate barbeque for the first time and loved it. He literally slurped it down.
* Began bouncing up and down at the knees while standing and holding onto something. He laughs at himself while doing it. So cute!
* Enjoyed a week long visit from my mom – his Grama.
* Went swimming in the big pool in our neighborhood with a little assistance from a float my mom brought for him to use:
* Appears to be going through a growth spurt as he is eating and eating and eating. And he loves everything even bananas now (which used to get a “blech” response while being spit out).